Friday, December 18, 2009

What Inspires you?



Uninspired.

Do you ever feel uninspired?

I do. I watched heroes today. Don't get me wrong. It was good... but I felt uninspired. Really, who can fly, bend time, heal themselves, etc.? Uninspiring.

I also read my Bible today. Don't get me wrong. It was good... and I felt uninspired. Really, who can heal incurable disease, make blind men see, raise people from the dead? Uninspiring.

I wish that I could say that it was all inspiring, but I'd be a liar.
To be inspired would mean to be moved to action by it.
To be inspired would mean to be animated and motivated to do the same.
To be inspired would mean that this would change my life in some way.

When Jesus gives the power to do all these things to his disciples, it was meant to be inspiring. We are meant to be his disciples INSPIRED by his example and life.

Are you INSPIRED to do these things? Or... are you an uninspired chicken like me?

What is it that inspires you?



1 comment:

  1. What inspires me is seeing people who come for a non-Christian home living their faith. Seeing the impossible in face of the impossible.

    We are to be inspired by Christ, it's true. But I know we can also be inspired by his followers, by the Holy Spirit.

    Even the Apostles themselves were hiding in a tiny room and were hesitant to leave until the Holy Spirit came upon them.

    If that helps?

    ReplyDelete