Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One of the Pridefully Humble Branches



I am sitting in the Regina airport... in all of it's splendor and glory. 

I am listening to two Regina residents beak Americans. 

They are telling stories of how naive, uninformed, and arrogant they are. They share how..."they don't even know where Saskatchewan is!"

But really...can you blame them?

I personally agree that sometimes Americans can be uninformed and know nothing about Canadian culture... and for this reason I am also one of the "case in point"s that I am writing about.

Canadians have been known for so long as those who are "everything America isn't". They like war, we like peace. They like bombs, we like flowers. They like prideful, we are humble. The list goes on and on and on...

We think we are humble, yet we gloat over our neighbors this idea that we are better than them.

We have this sense of Humble Pride... or Prideful Humility...

It works with our faith too... We think that because we are from a certain denomination, a certain church, with a certain pastor, in a certain set of beliefs... we think that because of these things we are better. 

Yet Jesus, came as a humble servant, not lording anything over those different, but loving those around us. He was truly Humble...WITHOUT PRIDE!

So as I sit in the Regina airport, I am reminded about how pridefully humble I am, and how I so desperately need and want to be HUMBLE, without this sense of pride.

Who cares if they know who I am

Who cares if they know where I am

All that matters is that they know Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment